Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Z06 with a Vara ram VR-B2 CAI, rest is stock.

I am looking into the folling set up: AFR 205cc Heads, LG Motorsports Pro Longtube Headers, G5X3 Cam, Underdrive pulley, and B&B Bullets Catback.

If anyone has this kind of setup or can atleast ball park it for me would be great. I am looking for over 425 RWHP and a REALLY loud Z06 that will make people cover their ears when i blow by, lol. If i went with High Flow Cats will it take away from the overall racecar sound im looking for? Or just go with O2 Sensors and forget about the cats?

Thanks,Patrick

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mods

I don't have the B&B's, the heads (yet), or the pulley (on order), but I have the cam, LG pro headers and halltech...and my Z has 429 rwhp. With the pulley I should be close to 440rwhp. If you add a FAST air intake, 90mm throttle body and the AFR heads, you should be around 470+ rwhp.

BTW nice car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply dgordon :thumbsup:, your setup sick. I just want a car that screams power, i dont need more than 500 RWHP, so i was looking in the range of 425 to 500 RWHP. S/C's or TT's are just not my thing i guess, i rather have all motor istead of F/I. :partyon:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
The selection that you stated above will get you to the 425 rwhp mark easily bro :thumbsup:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Patrick, that's a nice set-up right there. Those mods are top of the line, and you're easily looking at 450rwhp with a good tuning. This is based on similar set-ups I've seen. You'll be real happy with them
As far as the hi-flo cats, they're not going to take much away from the sound, it'll still be loud but real refined sound. Without cats it will really be loud, but the gas fumes eventually will drive you nuts, so leave the cats on as long as they're hi-flo as you mentioned
Next year, i'll be doing something similar, I'll be going with the Cartek 3X Head/Cam package
Who are you going to get those AFR Heads from?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know of at least one Z06 in my area with the same set up, except I think a different cat back exhaust, and after tuning put ot 460-465 rwhp and I believe 420-425 rwtq.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the imput guys. I guess i will stick with the Highflow Cats since i dont want to choke to death :surprised. I will be taking my car over to East Coast Supercharging when im done rolling up my pennies :lookinup:.

I want to get all my parts from LG (Heads, Headers, Cam, Heads and Pulley) after all this is done i doubt i will be searching for more power, the Z06 at 405 HP is fast enough.

I just want that extra punch and i think i'll be done with the power adding mods.......:rolling: Did i just say that? LOL.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for all the imput guys. I guess i will stick with the Highflow Cats since i dont want to choke to death :surprised. I will be taking my car over to East Coast Supercharging when im donr rolling up my pennies :lookinup:, after all this is done i doubt i will be searching for more power, the Z06 at 405 HP is fast enough.

I just want that extra punch and i think i'll be done with the power adding mods.......:rolling: Did i just say that? LOL.
You WILL have plenty of "extra punch" with that set up. :cheers: :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Patrick, there's not such a thing as too much power. Too much power is just about enough :laughing:

Oh, and you ain't done yet, you've just atarted. Once you get bitten by the mods bug, there's no cure for it! :smack
~Goose :cheers:

·
Registered
186 Posts
One more thing it's important in my opinion, and I would do if I was in your position is to upgrade your clutch while you're there ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts