Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to take my car to a dyno tomorrow and im wondering what numbers will it lay down. The car has the following mods done: exhaust,air intake, computer chip and a few other things done the owner before me did that are unknown at the moment! So does anyone have any clue what number it will put down, any informatin will be greatly appreciated. :cheers:

I will share the results hopefully tomorrow !

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
I have a chance to take my car to a dyno tomorrow and im wondering what numbers will it lay down. The car has the following mods done: exhaust,air intake, computer chip and a few other things done the owner before me did that are unknown at the moment! So does anyone have any clue what number it will put down, any informatin will be greatly appreciated. :cheers:

I'm guessing about 370whp

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

When you say exhaust, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean headers, x-pipe, catback? or all? If it is just catback then I'm guessing 370 like Spider, but if it is full then I'd say 385-390.

Josh

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you say exhaust, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean headers, x-pipe, catback? or all? If it is just catback then I'm guessing 370 like Spider, but if it is full then I'd say 385-390.

Josh

catback,, the car actually did 380.6 on the dyno. surprised the hell our of me

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I would guess about 365rwhp or so

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Those are some pretty good numbers, man :thumbsup:
What were the weather conditions today? I'm getting more and more dissappointed with my tune and numbers everyday. I may have to save up and have somebody else do the tune to see if I mine is off.

Josh

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was actually very hot for around were i live in canada, its was 31 + humidity. thats half the reason i was so suprised.

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
Those are some pretty good numbers, man :thumbsup:
What were the weather conditions today? I'm getting more and more dissappointed with my tune and numbers everyday. I may have to save up and have somebody else do the tune to see if I mine is off.

Josh
Time to call Jermey with Faster proms. He got 373 out of Dave's Z with just catback and CAI.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Nice numbers:thumbsup:

·
Registered
284 Posts
it was actually very hot for around were i live in canada, its was 31 + humidity. thats half the reason i was so suprised.
Hell, that's below FREEZING :rolling:

On a more serious note - great mumbers:

- were they corrected?

- A/F mix?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Huh?

I've got a Halltech intake, long tube headers with high flow cats, and a dyno tune and I got 382hp at the wheels.

You sure there aren't headers on yours?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dyno numbers seem to be all over the place anymore. My 2004 Z06 with CAI, long tubes, and hi flow cats pulled 373 hp (sae). It seems like some tuners/dyno operators are manipulating numbers to lure customers their way.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Highly possible, I only look at numbers if they are SAE. Last time my car was dyno'd he printed me a sheet for SAE numbers with Smoothing on "5", and then changed to STD and set the smoothing to "None".

SAE yielded 346hp

STD yielded 358hp...

I think those results speak for themselves, and in different conditions, and with a more extreme setup, the numbers could differ even farther....

In the end though, it's not about what the cars do on the dyno, it's what they do in the real world that counts; and as long as we're all out there waxing mustangs and "exotics" then we should all be happy regardless of numbers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts