Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey how many miles are you guys getting on your rear tires? I have about 10,700 miles on mine and 3 to 4 32nds left across. So I figure based on that I might get another 5,000 miles out of them. I haven't been beating it up to bad, a couple of 0-60 runs but not much, or so I thought. I do love taking corners like crazy, but my fronts are fine.

I guess 15,000 miles isn't bad for what they are, but was expecting more like 20,000 to 24,000.

What is everybody else seeing?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
About the same just keep the alignment good.:huh:

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have almost 12,000 on mine and looks I will be replacing the rears fairly soon. I knew I probably wouldn't be getting the 24k I got on my 02Z.

I'm not that aggresive of a driver but do stand on this one more than the 02 Z.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
I've got 17,564, and I'm at the tread bars. I'm getting my moneys worth out of these tires. I'm getting new ones next week, and a new windshield too.

Jr.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've got 17,564, and I'm at the tread bars. I'm getting my moneys worth out of these tires. I'm getting new ones next week, and a new windshield too.

Jr.
How much $ is a new windshield?

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
How much $ is a new windshield?
I'm going to get a price on Monday or Tueday. I do know that it will be 500 dollar deductable on my insurance. I did get my moneys worth on that windshied too. It's been hit hard several times.

Jr.

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
Insist On A Factory Replacement!!!

I'm going to get a price on Monday or Tueday. I do know that it will be 500 dollar deductable on my insurance. I did get my moneys worth on that windshied too. It's been hit hard several times.

Jr.
I needed a new windshield on my 02Z, State Farm tried to use an aftermarket replacement:down: If you remember the windshield on the C5Z'S were shaved down for weight reduction :D Even though this was not done with the C6Z...Demand a factory replacement..copy down all the numbers on your windshield to make sure you get one exactly like the one GM intended for your Z:cheers:

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
I needed a new windshield on my 02Z, State Farm tried to use an aftermarket replacement:down: If you remember the windshield on the C5Z'S were shaved down for weight reduction :D Even though this was not done with the C6Z...Demand a factory replacement..copy down all the numbers on your windshield to make sure you get one exactly like the one GM intended for your Z:cheers:
:thumbsup:

I will demand.

Jr.

·
Registered
826 Posts
What are you guys doing to need a windshield in the first year of ownership ?

I had to replace the windshield on my 2002 C5 because my wife thought running the windshield washers was OK when there was sand on the windshield. $860 later, I calmly explained to her how this wasn't a good idea. It would have been more if the trim piece had to be replaced, I think another $350 or so.

I have roughly 3000 miles on my tires and they look relatively new. I'm thinking I'll get about 12K miles max. I love to stand on the throttle and feel the rear end slide out a bit. And by the way, I'm getting real good at launching this thing. Downside, tires wear quicker.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
What are you guys doing to need a windshield in the first year of ownership ?
Driving it. I got my car May 23 of last year with 2 miles on the clock. I now have 17,657. Under my passenger side front fender it's greased penciled 04/07/06. I'm guessing that's the date it rolled down the line.:thumbsup:
My car is a year old:cheers:

I was driving to work and BAM, a rock hits the windshield and then cracked the next morning.:down: I have some nasty rock chips as well. I love them, because I put them there.

Jr.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Driving it. I got my car May 23 of last year with 2 miles on the clock. I now have 17,657. Under my passenger side front fender it's greased penciled 04/07/06. I'm guessing that's the date it rolled down the line.:thumbsup:
My car is a year old:cheers:

I was driving to work and BAM, a rock hits the windshield and then cracked the next morning.:down: I have some nasty rock chips as well. I love them, because I put them there.

Jr.
A year old and almost 18,000 miles......you're doing an admirable job. Some people want to preserve their car, mummify it, wrap it in shrinkwrap. That's a waste. Its such a fantastic car that not driving it should be reason enough to have it taken away.

We don't have gravel or rocky roads in Florida. We just have pot holes the size of a Greyhound bus. Sand blowing around and landing on the windshield causes a lot of nasty scratches, especially when the driving into the sun.

Back to tires, has anyone switched over to the Michelin Pilot ZP yet ? If so, how are they driving and how are they wearing ?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Well as soon as I get off DC I'm headed to my favorite on-line tire site and ordering four new tires. I just had the oil changed this afternoon and looked at all four while it was up on the rack. Need to replace all four with 11,700 miles.

I have to admit though I kick out the back end more than a few times during the month and corner a lot faster than I did with the last Z so I'm not complaining, much.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Well as soon as I get off DC I'm headed to my favorite on-line tire site and ordering four new tires. I just had the oil changed this afternoon and looked at all four while it was up on the rack. Need to replace all four with 11,700 miles.

I have to admit though I kick out the back end more than a few times during the month and corner a lot faster than I did with the last Z so I'm not complaining, much.
OK, so what are you getting ? Michelin or GY ?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Are you guys that are replacing tires with ~20 to 25K miles using traction
control much. I know with it off one can get a better launch etc. but
how often are you turning traction control off?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Are you guys that are replacing tires with ~20 to 25K miles using traction
control much. I know with it off one can get a better launch etc. but
how often are you turning traction control off?
I don't think anyone gets 20 to 25K miles on a Z06. Seems like 12 to 15K, depending on how frisky you get with the gas pedal. My traction control stays on until I can handle the car with it off, and that may be a while yet.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts