Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS IT ME OR IS IT WHEN I ALWAYS TELL MYSELF THAT IM GOING TO JUST CRUISE AND AND TAKE IT SLOW, THE EXHAUST SOUND JUST GET ME SO INTOXICATED THAT YOU JUST CANT HELP TO SPEED; AND NOT TO MENTION THE H.U.D. MAKES YOU FEEL THAT ARE IN A JET. NO MATTER WHAT I JUST CANT SLOW DOWN!!!

(EVERYTHING ASKED HERE IS ON THE RACE TRACK ONLY, OBEY ALL LOCAL TRAFFIC LAWS!:bs )

ANYONE ELSE SUFFERS FROM Z06OMNIA????

·
DC Crew
5,554 Posts
Don't worry about that track BS here. As long as you aren't running off into the sidewalk at 140 or dicing through rush hour your fine! I mean a Corvette is made to speed once in awhile :devil:

Haven't drove a Z06 yet but that will hopefully change come Bloomington Gold :partyon:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have an 04 coupe, but a friend of mine has an 07 Z06. He let me drive it. All I can say is, I don't need one of those! I'd either 1) be paying for daily speeding tickets or 2) burning the rubber off of multiple sets of tires! Those things are just rockets on wheels! Awesome cars.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I love to be at a red light in the center lane with 6 or 8 cars close to me and do a WOT when the light turns green. Usually at the next light I get questioned or they all roll the windows up.

I took my NT01 Drag radials off and put new Michelin Pilot Sport rubber on the back. I did not realize acually how much the NT01 hooked up. With the Michelins I can not even go half wot without tire spin. This is all in Competitive driving on the DIC.

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
Dont feel bad, its like a drug and unfortunately with these cars 120 feels like 60 in most other vehicles. Sunday mornings are the best!

·
4,151 Posts
Wide open throttle, other terms include smashing the loud pedal, putting the pedal to the metal, flooring it, hammering it, or in the case with a corvette enducing a premature heart attack

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
hammering it, or in the case with a corvette enducing a premature heart attack
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wide open throttle, other terms include smashing the loud pedal, putting the pedal to the metal, flooring it, hammering it, or in the case with a corvette enducing a premature heart attack
That is great.

There should be two speed limits it is so hard to not do 80 in it. It just ins't right to drive this car so slow. I try to do my best to save gas, but you have to do at least 80 to drive in 6th gear.

"I swear office, it was for the enviroment."

·
4,151 Posts
That is great.

There should be two speed limits it is so hard to not do 80 in it. It just ins't right to drive this car so slow. I try to do my best to save gas, but you have to do at least 80 to drive in 6th gear.

"I swear office, it was for the enviroment."

yea just whip out your manual and start telling him the benefits of 6th gear with gas mileage. That or you can say if your going the same speed as everyone else people will be distracted by the car and the potentiality of an accident and possibly death is increased, your just looking out for everyone else :laughing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts