Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
12.39 @134 with 700hp? Aren't stock Z's doing 11's?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Yes, and Koenigseggs go 9.90
That video is rediculous, they both should be ashamed.
:agree: You never know about these videos. The track seems very bumpy and not well suited for this purpose. I'm a huge Corvette fan, and I still think that on an even playing field the Koenigsegg takes it, easily.

Had to have been a case of the CCXR driver reminding himself how much his car costs as he jostled over every bump on the edge of losing control. I'm not hating on Russia, but is this what passes for a drag strip?? :huh:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The Vette did get a jump off the line but would have won by a c*nt hair anyway. I don’t know what the CCXR weighs but it must be heavier than the Vette to loose in the mile with all that extra horsepower. Maybe it wasn’t puting out the rated hp?? Without traction control or a h*ll of a lot of skill the Vette would probably loose this matchup most of the time. I doubt the road surface had anything to do with it, but ambient temperature and elevation might have contributed to the slow times both these cars showed. Or maybe the Russian timing equipment is as $hltty as their fighter jets. :laughing:

·
Registered
296 Posts
That CCXR must be super low to the ground, because that Z looks like a monster truck beside it in the frontal view.

The real question is, was that track in Russia or Pennsylvania...now that is a true contest..who has the shittiest roads :rolling:

·
Registered
349 Posts
The ZO6 was supercharged, and should have won, even without the little bit of wheel spin on the CCXR

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Go on youtube and you can find 5 more vids were the CCXR destroys the zr1. The vid posted is ajoke,has both cars making bad runs. The CCXR is up with there with Buggati. I love my vettes, but..... Like said above, the CCXR runs 9 second 1/4 miles. The zr1 not even.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts