Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DC Pit Crew
Joined
·
10,260 Posts
hmm, rather surprising result. not exactly sure which car it was, but somebody gave their rev limiter a pretty good workout...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Give them 5 more races in a row and take bets on what breaks first on the Evo. A friend of mine has one that runs mid/high 11s. He's really good at changing diffs, clutches, and various other drivetrain parts.

Also, I wonder what both of their speeds were when they let off...I would be willing to bet the Z06 was gaining fast at the end (or even passing the evo...can't tell in the video).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
youngs98 said:
Give them 5 more races in a row and take bets on what breaks first on the Evo. A friend of mine has one that runs mid/high 11s. He's really good at changing diffs, clutches, and various other drivetrain parts.

Also, I wonder what both of their speeds were when they let off...I would be willing to bet the Z06 was gaining fast at the end (or even passing the evo...can't tell in the video).
it was for 700 meters only :nuts:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
It looked like the Z got too much wheel spin and that EVO was modded. I think RWD is best for all-around performance and the most fun to drive, but 50/50 weight distribution = loosing stoplight races to AWD and braking contests to mid and rear engine cars. If the Vette had another 4 percent of its weight on its rear tires it would perform even better in those contests. For those who still say 50/50 is best, I haven't read that many complaints about the F430, Ford GT, Enzo, or Carrera GT's track handling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sixpeedreams said:
It looked like the Z got too much wheel spin and that EVO was modded. I think RWD is best for all-around performance and the most fun to drive, but 50/50 weight distribution = loosing stoplight races to AWD and braking contests to mid and rear engine cars. If the Vette had another 4 percent of its weight on its rear tires it would perform even better in those contests. For those who still say 50/50 is best, I haven't read that many complaints about the F430, Ford GT, Enzo, or Carrera GT's track handling.


:agree:
 

·
Certified Stalker
Joined
·
4,077 Posts
50/50 is great for overall balance between street and track driving. 55/45 is about ideal for track driving since you can shift more weight to the front wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
Am I the only one not suprized by the results>? :lookinup:

Never under estimate the EVO 8. Not only are they fast in a straight line but they are just as fast around a track as a Lambo Murcielago (Stock).

Sorry, but truth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
I don't see what that result is surprising at all. You have a 600 hp AWD car vs a 505 hp RWD car, and this race isn't super long. Now if that was a stock evo doing that, then that would suck.
 

·
Formerly DOC7000
Joined
·
4,513 Posts
Chris Draper said:
Am I the only one not suprized by the results>? :lookinup:

Never under estimate the EVO 8. Not only are they fast in a straight line but they are just as fast around a track as a Lambo Murcielago (Stock).

Sorry, but truth.
I dont see these results all of that shocking either, the Evo 8 is modded and is probably running more horsepower then the vette.

And if I think I know what you are talking about, that was a special Evo packing some 400BHP that raced the Lambo. The Evo 8 would get sluaghtered by the Lambo stock for stock, thats like saying the C6 smoked the Gallardo when it was the Z06 model that did it.

And the MR that smoked the Lambo proved to be an even bigger hassle to drive daily then the Lambo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dear All,

Thank you for your post and your comments and all what I would like to say that the EVO 8 is modified in proper way and made for track racing it has untie lag so the turbo is running from 0 and it has Simi slick tiers ...etc and the Z06 is stoke I can till you that the Z can make it if they start from 40 or 60 KM/h but not before and I would like to say I ordered 2006 Silver Z06 and I will fix the Procharger D1 with new heads and cam witch I ordered for my C6 and let's see what the EVO can do with me from Zero soon it is not to far from me..

Hamad
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
The Evo and the Z are both cool cars..

My preference is for the Z06.. and hopefully the New evo X as a daily driver...

That would be a nice combo.

Stock or modded both pretty impressive performers..

If I could have only one car? Z06 without a doubt...

yet if I had the need for a four door sedan too?

I'd look forward to adding an EVO X with DSG next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
lsejlowe said:
hmm, rather surprising result. not exactly sure which car it was, but somebody gave their rev limiter a pretty good workout...

That's not a rev limiter.. All 05 and 06 Evo's come stock with 5000 RPM stutter box's. I know... Mine's been changed to 6000 with a dual stage launch control. 23 PSI/6000 RPM as soon as the clutch starts to release + AWD = WHOA! .... *Sigh*.. Still, i'm trying to sell both my Evo and 350Z to get my hands on a C6 or Viper. I love them both, but have never driven either.

And yes, this is my 1st post. Just came to look for some sweet video's. Later
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top