Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have the opportunity to purchase the Z06 exhaust for a good price from a friend that recently replaced his.

Does anyone have feedback that has installed the Z06 exhaust on a C5? My Vette is a stock 2003 convertible. Is there much difference in performance than the stock exhaust? Is it worth the effort and $150?

Thanks,

Reb
:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Rebel02 said:
Hi,

I have the opportunity to purchase the Z06 exhaust for a good price from a friend that recently replaced his.

Does anyone have feedback that has installed the Z06 exhaust on a C5? My Vette is a stock 2003 convertible. Is there much difference in performance than the stock exhaust? Is it worth the effort and $150?

Thanks,

Reb
:huh:
The weight reduction alone is a benefit! As for performance, I dunno.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
$150 sounds like a great price. Most used Z06 exhaust system go around $300 to $400 range.

Regarding performance I don't know but having weight reduce is good. The sound should be deeper. For the price you have very little to lose and if it doesn't work out sell them again and recoupe your money.

:cheers:

B

·
0 Posts
Holy **** for $150 I'll buy them and re sell them and more than double my money!!!

The Z06 Ti exhaust is less restrictive than the Coupe/vert exhaust so you will pick up some power and drop some weight as well. They do sound good but not quite loud enough for me.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,667 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
Holy **** for $150 I'll buy them and re sell them and more than double my money!!!

The Z06 Ti exhaust is less restrictive than the Coupe/vert exhaust so you will pick up some power and drop some weight as well. They do sound good but not quite loud enough for me.
thats good advise,sell them for 500 bucks and buy some 2 tip borla stingers.stingers weigh less than zo6 exhaust,sound the best of all c5 exhaust and fow the best.the z06 has a pretty beefy cam so the exhaust wont sound the same as it does on the z.but yours will sound a little deeper than stock.funny how alot of c5 cars consider putting these exhaust on.i think its a sign that the z exhaust isnt any better than the c5 exhaust(except weight),or why would all the z owners be changing them-still to restrictive.just my opinion,later,Todd.

B

·
0 Posts
The Borlas are not lighter than the OEM Ti exhaust. I think they are about 12 lbs heavier, but still a much better sounding, looking and performing exhaust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts