Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im looking in to buying a new vette and my cuzizn has a 05 c6 with 4 speed auto and z51 package and he has the gear ratio change and the one that im looking at on corvette.com says only for 6 speed manual transmission
the gear ratio changes does that mean not for the 6spd auto ? please get back to me and let me know
and also the new 6spd auto is it quiker then the old 4 speed auto? thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
There is no gear change on an automatic A6 tranny as in the M6 manual.

You still get the oil coolers and transmission coolers which is a good thing.

I'd definitely buy the Z51 A6.

Its a hell of a car!

Good luck deciding.

JB

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the info any idea if the old 4 spd is quiker then the new 6 spd auto? since there is no gear change any more?

·
Registered
202 Posts
They probably run about the same time in the quarter (give or take a tenth of a second and I believe the A6 would be the quicker)...and I definitely believe the roll on performance of the A6 should be a lot stronger than the A4.

Thats the value of the A6. I think it has the roll on acceleration capability to be always be ready to kick @ss where as the A4 could be easily caught out of the powerband.... (on the highway)

Of course an aftermarket torque convertor and gears in the A4 could compensate but stock for stock?

Between the two I'd personally choose the A6 over the A4.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks for all that info i agree i love that new a6 paddle shift :)ive been dieing for a vette so hopefuly soon i should be ordering my black convert with the red interior and z51 pkg with nav :) hear of any good deals on them? best i got is 61,755 thats with the 3lt pkg z51 nav and on star???

·
Registered
202 Posts
if your buying new? I'd say the upcoming 425hp 2008 C6 information being released on april 28th should effectly increase the potiential for 10 grand discounts on remaining 07's.

HTH

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you wait for 2008 they are offering a performance axle ratio with the auto. It only kicks it up from 2:59 to 2:79 but it needs it and will be a welcome addition. Good luck on whatever you do. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow great and thanks every one i had no idea about the new one i was gonna go drop a deposit on one but now ill just drop it on the 08 lol my first time posting and very good info and fast thanks so much i love the webpage:partyon: :thumbsup:
ohh id like some more info on that 08 vette the hp the mods the gears price? looks etc so should i make a new thread? please pst

·
Registered
533 Posts
Won't be much info available until after April 28th when they debut the 08 at the C5/C6 Bash in Bowling Green. That;s why I'm going down, to see if I want to order one or just add some goodies to my 07. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts