Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,i'm a C4 guy but ,living in Italy i'm proud of our Made in Italy,specialy in this time when globalization is killing quality vs cheap Asia products...As many rumors says Alfa Romeo ,our historic sports car brand want to come back in USA,our CEO Marchionne,FIAT general manager,is saying that.Zagato ,one big designer in Italy has this concept that i want present to you,what do you feel looking this concept?,may it be an Italian Sport Car for USA market?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Besides the "nice color", I think that it has the same flavor as the new Ferrari FF. I think it looks better than the Ferrari FF, but is too similar to the Ferrari look. The bigger back end is a drawback in my opinion.

It is a nice try by Alfa Romeo. I would at least look at it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the feedback...yes red is a good point to start:laughing:i agree FF line is a potential suggestion but i like this Zagato declension and doors design come from a Ford GT 40...
with 8 Cilindri Competizione Alfa Romeo returned to the essence of her brand,we call it "Cuore Sportivo"...i hope only cars like this come to you guys from overseas,this is the reason why Alfa Romeo born ...born to run...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In a country where Car is more than a word,where engines are more than a tradition,a lifestyle...a spirit that's groving inside of you, make you desire just one thing ...power,we only could offer the best,i think this is our path to come back in USA...

How about medium segment car like our Spyder? do you think american market would be interested in cars like this?

.... or Brera...

or our next Spyder project design by Pininfarina...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thumbs down on the Zagato, looks like an early 60's Can Am car.

The Spyder project design by Pininfarina is very nice. If I had one I would paint the chrome "coffin" grill body color in an attempt to make it go away. Its an overstatement & seriously detracts from an other wise pleasing design on the nose.

Just my opinion & you know what is said about opinions.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Nearly all Alfa Romeos are beautiful, and these are no exception. I'm a little surprised there's no "double bubble" roof on the Zagato. I would take any one of them. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Thumbs down on the Zagato, but I love virtually every other Alfa on the market right now. I'd also like to see Peugeot follow Fiat back across the pond and bring us some of their offerings.

The Zagato would sell great in America if you added a 4 cylinder hybrid engine and a Toyota badge. For some reason, most cars offered only in hybrid form offer a similar, yet brand indicative, rear end treatment.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
it was nice till i saw the ass end on that thing, holy ****! thats a huge bitch!:rolling:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know asking this to C4 guys it's a rhetorical question,but what do you think guys about a future that's showing to the horizon the end of big cubic Era?Experts in market and economy say that future is small...,small cubic engine,small car,Hybrid-powered ecc...this will kill our passion,like an extincting species do we try to save our old C4?Or it doesen't happen,and ,trend in the market, do will maitain this tradition of muscle car and big engine for the next years?
European school shows that you can do powerfull car even if powered by small engine,and Japan too,and there are a lot of fans...do you?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it was nice till i saw the ass end on that thing, holy ****! thats a huge bitch!:rolling:
As you know men's world is divided by small ass lovers and big ass lovers...:rolling::rolling: it's a philosophy...
:rolling: look at my avatar:laughing:

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
I've seen most of that car before. It's called a Cobra Daytona Coupe. I like it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i think this modern restyling of historic classic it's the key...BMW does it with Mini Cooper,in Italy this car is a must for young guys (hi school age 18-20 and it costs $ 27.000 > $45.000 cabrio john cooper Works!!),Fiat does it with new 500 a real best seller,VW does it with new beetle.
But guys belive me if Alfa Romeo returns to ancient splendours,only real sports car ,this car would be desirable exotic...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts