Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Admittedly I am a reluctant Zaino user in fact I am a closet Zaino hater but I have to give credit where credit is due. I spent several man hours (over a three day period) trying to get some scratches out by using several applications of Z-PC with orange pad and several applications of Z-5. After that paint prep and polish, the finish was nice but not "spectacular" to me. Furthermore the damned scratches are still there but just not as visible as before I began the process. Anyway, I have decided that I have gone as far as I can without switiching to a rotary.

So I decided to seal the freshly Z-5 polished surface with an application of Z-CS. Went on real easy, almost too easy! Well if things were not spectacular before they certainly are now.

I will take some daylight pictures tomorrow but you can enjoy these for now.

-RR

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Daylight pics

Either my camera (Canon SD-800) sucks or my photog skills suck, or both, but I just could not "accurately" capture the car's finish and color. After spending lots of hours on the car I'm still not 100% satisfied because in strong direct daylight I can still see some scratches. In all other lighting conditions the car looks deep rich red like hard wet plastic if that makes sense. One day I'll be near a professional who can give me a flawless foundation that I can work from but for now I'm done.

Anyway, here are a few more pictures.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Hot car:thumbsup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
:thumbsup: Looks great:thumbsup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jjwvette said:
Looks great
Thank you.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1680073&highlight=review
PC 7424 review/long

This is what I did a while ago and I am very happy with the results. The big difference is I started with Menzerna IP. I would recommend you give that a try in a few months. Take a break, for now your car looks great from here.
Thanks Steve. Prior to the Z-PC application I also tried Menzerna IP/FP with orange pad using my PC7424 but other than looking real shiny the finish was the same - the scratches were still there. Even worse the Menzerna IP dusted like crazy.

I think I probably have a whole science lab of car care products and because of my job I have the freedom to try lots of product combos. I really think at this point to get the finish I'm really looking for, I'll need a professional job using an orbital polisher. I would get an orbital myself but I can't justify the cost in the longterm since I would only need that level of service once.

-RR

·
Registered
271 Posts
It does sound like you may be in need of a professional who knows what they are doing with a rotary.
Make sure you are comfortable in the fact that he knows what he is doing. In the right hands, a rotary can do amazing things. I guarantee you a rotary will fix your problems.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Works 4 me, simple, quick and the shine can't be beat. With no sun, the pics don't do much justice to how well it looks.
Doug

·
Registered
287 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts