Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
ChiMan said:
Dawn dish washing liquid.
Dawn removes wax, but Zaino is synthetic.

I would use Prep-Sol to remove any trace of it. It's available at any automotive paint store.:thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,746 Posts
Why are you wanting to remove it? Are you having a problem with it? Just curious

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem with zaino---after new paint last year I started with zimol then went to a carnuba wax then to zaino and finally meguires gold. In the process I didnt remove any of the previous products. Id like to remove it all and try zainos new stuff. By the way I think that meguires gold is a very good product.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,746 Posts
I used Meguire's for years and was very pleased with it. Still use it on the wife M-B and my truck but I might have to switch on the M-B. The wife keeps saying that her car doesn't shine as well as mine.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
BlueZilla said:
No problem with zaino---after new paint last year I started with zimol then went to a carnuba wax then to zaino and finally meguires gold. In the process I didnt remove any of the previous products. Id like to remove it all and try zainos new stuff. By the way I think that meguires gold is a very good product.
I can understand that you'd want to remove everything and start from scratch after the application of all of those different products.

Though I am sure you can put any wax OVER a Zaino application, I'd like to start with a clean base.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I've never used Zaino, but your right on about Meguiars, its a great product. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dawn does not remove Zaino. Dawn will remove Carnuba and most other waxes, but will not touch Zaino. Denatured alcohol will remove Zaino. As with any flammable chemicals, caution when using alcohol always.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
dlw said:
Dawn does not remove Zaino. Dawn will remove Carnuba and most other waxes, but will not touch Zaino. Denatured alcohol will remove Zaino. As with any flammable chemicals, caution when using alcohol always.
I use prep-sol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts