Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go to a car dealership today to look at a 06, yellow, 6 speed vette today. The sales man well, didnt know ****:crazy: . He told me it was a zo5 with 450hp just under the zo6. What kind of a fn sales man is that. So I decided to be a dick and put him in his place in front of his fellow co-workers... I told him everything he needed to know about the car. Oh yeah and that there is no such thing as a z05.:laughing: :cheers:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I wonder what the price is for a Z-05? Whats the dealerships number and I 'll call and ask? :laughing:

Cliff

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Today's car salesmen know a little of something, but a whole lot of nothing.

I'm a car salesman for five years now. When I started I didn't know that much about diesel trucks or minivans. The only way your going to sell a diesel truck is, to know everything about it and do a million dollar walk around. Those truck guys are very direct and usually don't have the patience to deal with someone who doesn't know anything. Knowing more about your product will make you more money. People are suprised with my product knowledge. I work for a Dodge store.:lookinup: We have a Chevy store as well. I've been called over to the Chevy store to help out the salesman on product Knowledge. Hopefully they won't make the same mistake. I tell them to read every magazine. I tell them if they see an artical on a Chevy Uplander vs the Dodge Grand Caravan. To read and study it. Very boring to read, but they will know what they're talking about.

Jr.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Well I dont know about a zo5. But there is a model in between the c6 and zo6. Its called the zl465. Its basically a a supercharged c6, with, 465 horsepower, and a very slightly upgraded interior. They are much rarer than even the zo6. And im sorry but i cannot provide any information on it. The only thing i found about it was on ebay. It sold for i beleive 65k.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Well I dont know about a zo5. But there is a model in between the c6 and zo6. Its called the zl465. Its basically a a supercharged c6, with, 465 horsepower, and a very slightly upgraded interior. They are much rarer than even the zo6. And im sorry but i cannot provide any information on it. The only thing i found about it was on ebay. It sold for i beleive 65k.
Don't think it is official.

To the best on my knowledge there are only 3 models available
Coupe
Vert
Z06

Each Model has its own set of available options
No motor power options on any model that I know of.

Next Year? You have to ask Rick or one of our dealers.

:cheers:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think this might be what you're referring to? No supercharger with this package, though.

http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=1.244.7374

·
Registered
939 Posts
Thats nothing... once I was in a Chevy dealership right after the new Cobalt came out, I really went in to drool over the new Vettes, but told the Salesman I was interested in the Cobalt as well so they didn't kick me out,

So as we are looking at the Cobalt, the salesman pulls up a statistic that the Supercharged Cobalt SS was the fastest (top speed!) production car ever made. Apparently it hit 240+mph at Bonneville. I am seriously not exagerating with this... I still have the dude's card. When it came time to order the Vette, we avoided that dealership :laughing:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thats nothing... once I was in a Chevy dealership right after the new Cobalt came out, I really went in to drool over the new Vettes, but told the Salesman I was interested in the Cobalt as well so they didn't kick me out,

So as we are looking at the Cobalt, the salesman pulls up a statistic that the Supercharged Cobalt SS was the fastest (top speed!) production car ever made. Apparently it hit 240+mph at Bonneville. I am seriously not exagerating with this... I still have the dude's card. When it came time to order the Vette, we avoided that dealership :laughing:
Maybe he was talking about this Cobalt.
http://www.racerchicks.com/motor/bonneville.html
It did 240+

Km/h. haha.

edit: here is one that actually did 243. not quite stock...
http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2004-Chevrolet-Cobalt-SS-Bonneville-Speedster.htm

·
Registered
939 Posts
Perhaps... but the way this guy was talking, he was referring to the one we were looking at in the showroom; seems a little deceptive to me:rolleyes:

·
Registered
142 Posts
My favorite was going into the Caddy dealership down the road to look at CTS-V's. I made some comment about how the grills were dirty on the cars (they were outside on the lot), and he went on to mention how THE DEALERSHIP HAD CUSTOM GRILLS MADE FOR THE FRONT OF THE CAR.

Of course, I had already driven a CTS-V at another dealership across town. Looked like the same grill to me :)

These guys are either drunks, pathological liars, or both.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
...These guys are either drunks, pathological liars, or both.
But sometimes you never know.

About a year and a half ago, I bought from a Caddy/Hummer store, a used '05 Infinity Q45 with only 230 miles on it. It was bought new just 2 months earlier and traded in on a new '05 Hummer. The paperwork on the Infinity showed that when the previous owner bought it, he traded in an '05 Infinity M45 that was, again, only 2 months old. This definately was a double :WTF

I asked the Caddy salesman :WTF is the story here. He goes on and on about some crazy guy who had hit the Mass. lottery and bought a new vehicle every month or two. Yah. Sure. Whatever. I just scored an unbelievable deal so I didn't care about the ton of B.S. he was handing me.

Fast forward two months.

I was with a friend who was shopping for a new Mercedes. I saw on the lot a brand new Hummer. :huh: I ask the mercedes salesman what were they doing with a new Hummer. He proceeds to tell me that it was traded in by some crazy guy who had hit the Mass lottery...

:thud:

So help me God, this was a true story I just told.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I'm not a fan of dealership 'salesmen' at all...I know they're not ALL the same and there are exceptions to the rule (many are on this board), but it amazes me the amount of salesmen that know nothing about what they are selling. I certainly don't claim to know everything about the Corvette, but I hate going in knowing more than the person trying to make money off of me. Couldn't they just do a bit of research, especially if their income depends on it. My next Vette purchase will be from one of the fine gentlemen on this forum...:thumbsup:

My father-in-law got a job here at one of the car dealerships when my family first relocated here. He had to quit because he was too honest with the people :laughing: Couldn't be dishonest with them; of course, he was also starting out at one of the smaller makes, not one of the big 3; for lower-income people looking for a good reliable car...so he felt like he couldn't 'take' them. Sorry so long...rant off.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I'd like to think that this never happened and it's all just a bad April fools joke. Then again, I've had people tell me that the XLR has an LS2. And that the SS will do 0-60 in 2.7 seconds

1 - 19 of 19 Posts