Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed stoptech front and rear steel braided lines , bled the oem fluids and replced it with motul 600 brake fluid.
For the $$$ big improvement on pedal feel and stopping power.
THE active abs on dash comes in early , but that posses no problem.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did you notice the improvement on the stret or track? Not doubting your impression, but I can't see normal street driving conditions causing the rubber lines to expand so much that you are able to notice the stainless steel lines' rigidity. Same with the change from stock fluid to Motul 600. However, if you see improvement when tracking the car, then I understand.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Did you notice the improvement on the stret or track? Not doubting your impression, but I can't see normal street driving conditions causing the rubber lines to expand so much that you are able to notice the stainless steel lines' rigidity. Same with the change from stock fluid to Motul 600. However, if you see improvement when tracking the car, then I understand.
Obviously you can not feel the Motul but with the SS lines I can defintely feel a difference in hard braking on the street. The pedal feels more firm with SS lines. You can feel and modulate the brakes better. Under normal braking and morning startup there is a more solid feel.

I use Goodrich SS lines/Baer Rotors and Hawke Street/Track Pads on my car. I also run Motul 600 fluid for brake and clutch fluid:thumbsup:

:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts