Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of some help, I have a 2000 coupe that is all stock execpt for a zo6 titanium exhaust. I want to make it a little louder without being annoying. Does anybody know if the corsa touring exhaust would be louder than the zo6 exhaust. I also do not want the drone while cruising, but I do not want to spend over $1,000 for the corsa exhaust and wind up with the same thing that I have now. Any help out there???

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
The touring and the Z06 Ti will be about the same sound,get the pace car system:thumbsup:
Sounds great and no drone at highway speeds.
You need to find someone in your area that you can hear in person:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put on the Corsa Indy Pacecars w/ Tigershark Tips and X pipe. Much-much louder at WOT and accel, nice calm rumble at idle, and super-quiet cruise level. At WOT do not stand behind the tips, unless you have ear plugs ... not kidding. Best mod I've made so far, absolutely wild ... but over $1K installed. :partyon:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'd leave the Z06 Ti's on and add long tube headers.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well, you can see below what I got, I wish it were a little quieter. I'm trying to find some insulation for the rear area, it's the cabin noise that bothers me.
But I have to admit, I like that wicked sound. :devil:
If I had it to do over again I would just do the headers, x pipes and high flow cats. Those tiger shark tips look great though. :thud:

Aw hell :smack I'd do it all over again. :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
I insulated my entire car. It was a few hundred bucks and a ton of labor for very little change in overall sound. I wouldn't do it again.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'd leave the Z06 Ti's on and add long tube headers.
I have to agree! My vette came new from the dealer with a Corsa catback installed. I thought it sounded tinny and "cackled" at idle. IN defense of the Corsa, WOT wasn't bad and no drone at hwy speeds.

Went to a Ti Z06 catback and that improved the depth quality of the sound tremendously. But the real surprise was with the addition of long tube headers.

NOW, it sounds like a Corvette should sound...still no drone at hwy speeds, grrrreeaaatt sound at WOT, and it does not cackle and sound tinny at idle. AND they are considerably lighter in weight than the SS Corsas.

I can't imagine what all the hooplah is over Corsa's catbacks. Besides they're also being way overpriced. But some people do seem to swear by them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm getting ready to switch to z06 Ti with the A&A mod.
Be very careful..Welding titanium needs special enviroment... (argon or something)

Some type of aircraft welding knowledge is necessary...

Its not a midas exhaust shop type of mod...like it would be on a stock c5 exhaust..

I have the headers and the stock titanium z exhaust..

Lots of people like it... and I do as well but if the car didn't come with the titanium exhaust I would definitely have gone with the corsa touring..and long tubes..

I like that sound the best..

Good luck deciding..(go to a corvette car club meeting or car show..) Ask the guys to rev up the motors for you to hear...

Thats always fun and a good way to figure out what sound you like..

Headers/x pipe/corsa touring is a good way to go..

Headers/corsa pros are too loud ..IMO ....Cool but ta bit too loud over time..

·
Registered
600 Posts
I bought/installed the Corsa Pace car catbacks on my 98 Pace Car and absolutely LOVED the sound. I would have taken them off before I sold it, but couldn't get a stock system to put back on before it was gone.

I thought it had a better overall sound than the stock Ti system on my Z...but I wasn't about to swap them and give my Ti's away with my 98...

I believe I paid about $939 for the Corsa system through Corvette Garage. I was VERY impressed with the overall quality of the Corsas...I'd definitely buy them again.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all your help, I went with the Corsa Pace Car system and it sounds great. Someone already bought my Z06 system, thanks again.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Well I really like the cackle at idle. But LT's/ X pipe and Corsa Pace really sound amazing and almost exotic at high rpm. Go to Corsa.com and you can hear the exhaust sounds on there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts