331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which corvette do you prefer or think is better the grand sport
or the Z06 ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
The z06 of course :crazy:

if I wanted a base vette I would have bought a base vette...

the GS has a pretty steep price tag IMO

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The z06 of course :crazy:

if I wanted a base vette I would have bought a base vette...

the GS has a pretty steep price tag IMO
You are right. and the difference between 2010 GS and a Z06 is not that big but i do see alot of people buy the GS and i wanted to know why?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Might be because the LS3 is more forgiving for power adders than the LS7 ....
but why buy a car that hes less power and is not as good as the Z06? maybe because its not hard on the road as the Z06?
or maybe because of the tire noise?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a 76 and i'm thinking to buy another 2010 Zo6 i'm afraid of two things one is the hard ride and the second is the tire noise i know that if i buy other tire that there is less noise
what do you think?

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
I have almost 65,000 miles on my Z. It has been my daily driver for almost 5 years now. It's a great car, it even gets great gas mileage.

Jr.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The Z06 is the better car, but the top is not removable and I like taking the top off, but I also drive a ZR1 with a top that doesn't come off:laughing:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Z06 unless you have to have open air Vetting. Don't believe the Eurocentric magazine articles about the Z06. It is a sports car that gets great gas mileage and rides like...a sports car. If you want performance, get a Z06 and if you want comfort, get a Licoln Town car:rolling:

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Z06 unless you have to have open air Vetting. Don't believe the Eurocentric magazine articles about the Z06. It is a sports car that gets great gas mileage and rides like...a sports car. If you want performance, get a Z06 and if you want comfort, get a Licoln Town car:rolling:
:cheers:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
which corvette do you prefer or think is better the grand sport
or the Z06 ?
My decision to purchase a Corvette was my first venture into owning a real performance car. I was captured by its reputation and beauty, and most of all it's stature as an American icon.

Because of my fear of diving into the deep end and regretting it, I avoided the Z's. When I saw the GS I knew I had found my answer. It has the very appealing look of the Z's, but in a base Corvette. Yeah, it's a ripoff, but if I knew I would drive a Z the way it was intended, then the choice would have been different.

For now though, the GS makes me happy, and is the better choice for me. :buhbye:

·
Registered
606 Posts
For the money the GS wins hands down

GS gets parts from the base, Z06 and ZR1
If getting the manual trannie then the LS3 comes with the forged bottom end the ZR1 gets along with the oil sump system

LS3 is a much stronger and why LS7 uses it

It has option for the shock system ZR1 gets that Z06 does not yet GS gets the better Z06 larger brakes

The LS7 supercharger fits the LS3 where it cannot on the LS7

GS can be gotten with the A6 trannie, has the targa or ragtop where Z06 cannot.

GS gets the wider wheel/tires, flares and options for the carbon body parts.

One of my friends had his 2010 GS tuned, a CAI and puts out 485 HP so that is just under a Z06 for far less money with a engine that can handle any type of boost the Z06 cannot.

Since there is many more LS3 engines used over LS7 and used with the Camaro there is a lot more performance mods for LS3 then LS7

The LS7 does have more torque but with the money saved buying a GS a change of CAM can correct that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd take the stronger frame GS. As someone already said, the LS7 isnt very stable unless its forged and doesnt make any more FI power before blowing up over the LS3. You can buy a forged 427, 440, or what ever size you want and its still less money for the GS and you have the rest of the car cater to your likes. Yes, the removeable roof is a must for some people, myself included.

I can make any vette have the same power.

To each his own.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts