Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was from a e-mail that i got from the company today. Looks like a great product and very nice company. Here is their link of the C6 with the exhaust - sounds awesome. Check out the video and the pictures, very nice.

www.zoomersexhaust.com

The cans off the side are what eliminates the drone, they remove the bass and add treble to the exhaust note. This is a bolt on system no cutting is required. We are taking pre-orders on the group. Production will start next week and we'll be shipping no later than the week of May 15th.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Nice looking pipes. Looks like each side has a muffler and two resonators.

:cheers:

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
midnite902 said:
Nice looking pipes. Looks like each side has a muffler and two resonators.

:cheers:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Zoomers Exhaust

I'm getting those Exhaust put on this Thursday (directly from Zoomers). I'm doing a before and after dyno. I'll let you guys know how it sounds and performs.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Jooyoung99 said:
I'm getting those Exhaust put on this Thursday (directly from Zoomers). I'm doing a before and after dyno. I'll let you guys know how it sounds and performs.
Please do.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes- i would love to get your opinion on it. It sounds great on there site. Let us know as soon as possible. Try and get some install pictures if possible.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My base line before the installing the catback

I did a "before" dyno on my car, and the base line is 340 hp. FYI, I have a SLP Blackwing Intake. I'm taking lot of pictures in between the process, so I'll post it up by this Saturday of the "after" dyno result and some final pictures.

Anyway, I'm very happy with the overall process, and those guys at Zoomers are confident that I'll get substantial (15 to 20 hp) power gain or money back.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Italian said:
Sounds good - wait to see the pictures and your review.
Ok, I can't stand it anymore. I am finally going to say it. Why are you suddenly interested in C6 exhaust??????????? (See Conti's post on your car)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Before Dyno Graph and some pictures of my car

I've got a "before" dyno to make sure that what they claim is true (I'm very skeptical, so I'm spending an additional $150 to perform dyno tests from another tuner). One thing for sure is that I like the sound and the look (which is all subjective). I've already doen the before dyno, my base line is 340 hp with SLP Intake system. Hopefully, I can gain another 20 hp with the system, which is hard to believe. But they gave me a money back guarantee. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Hopefully by Monday, I can post some pictures of system and post a dyno graph. I'll put by thumbs up or thumbs down pretty soon. Here is the "before" dyno graph.

How do you insert pictures?

·
Registered
265 Posts
18 plus HP increase from a C6 catback system - I must raise the BS banner. I've seen too many systems and seen too many dyno evaluations to buy into that kind of increase from an up-front, honest dyno comparison. I may be wrong, but I'd have to see it first-hand. My otherwise bone stock C6 automatic went from 337 plus to 344 with the GHLs, and that shocked everyone at the speedshop...and me. I don't believe I left anything on the table as far as catback is concerned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have to agree with you. That's why I'm doing a before and after dyno (I'm paying $150 for 6 runs just to satisfy my curiosity) from another another tuner. Does your GHL come with x-pipe? If so what's the diameter? Anyway, I won't know the dyno result until Monday, but I'll let you know the result. I think it's probably BS, but I'm hoping it's not.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Jooyoung99 said:
I have to agree with you. That's why I'm doing a before and after dyno (I'm paying $150 for 6 runs just to satisfy my curiosity) from another another tuner. Does your GHL come with x-pipe? If so what's the diameter? Anyway, I won't know the dyno result until Monday, but I'll let you know the result. I think it's probably BS, but I'm hoping it's not.
No - I have a straight cat-back, no X pipe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just received a picture of their x-pipe, and it looks awesome. It doesn't look like a normal mandral bent pipe, it actually seems to have a descent engineering behind it. How do you post pictures?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Verdict

My overall rating on the system: 9 out of 10 (I reserve giving full 10 out of 10, if all claims the manufacturer make is verifiable).
First, the system is 95% drone free, not 100%. Between 1500 to 1600 rpm, there are some resonance. But you know what, I actually like it with little bit of drone.
Second, on WOT, it sounds amazing. To compare the sound, it's mixture between 2000 Lambo Diablo and stock. Very hard to describe, you just have to hear it. But I love it.
Third, I've gained 10 rwhp. Zoomers claimed that it gain 22 rwhp. My base was 340 rwhp with SLP intake, and with the Catback, it was 350 rwhp. I'm a skeptic, but a fair person, so I didn't ask for my money back. 2 main reasons (let me know if my thought process is logical): First, the weather was 12 degrees hotter on the "after dyno." Second, I've dyno the car without putting additional miles on the "after dyno." And lot of people are telling me that it takes at least couple hundred miles for the ECU to syncronize with the new modification. I'm sure not whether that's true or not. So, I am going to do another dyno after 200 miles. Interesting thing during the dyno test was that it seems to gain little bit more horsepower with every dyno run. The first run, 3 rwhp gain, the second run, 6 rwhp gain, third to sixth run, it was 9 to 10 rwhp gain. So maybe I do need to put some miles on it to get the full benefit of the system.
Anyway, I'll post some pictures and the graph by tonight. Overall, I give it a thumbs up. Those guys at Zoomers are planning to do a dyno day/BBQ sometime in the near future, and asked me to bring my car. I'll be happy to show you my car if you live near Brea, CA.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds like a good alternative to the other exhausts out there. Do you know if they have plans to come out with a quad tip version?

·
Registered
12 Posts
murnutz said:
Sounds like a good alternative to the other exhausts out there. Do you know if they have plans to come out with a quad tip version?
I'm not sure if they have quad tip version? You should call them and ask. I personally like the single tip, so I didn't bother asking them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts