·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,667 Posts
all the seals and gaskets are probably shot.:stick:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Probably drinks oil as I drink beer:cheers: Seals, rings, and gaskets are probably gone:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Hard to beleive someone bought the car in 1989 or 1990 and NEVER used it.:spanked:

·
Registered
12,667 Posts
or it could be one of those cars with:
-39 miles on the o.d.
-50,000 miles idling in the garage::laughing:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Or maybe it's one of those cars with no miles that still doesn't leak a drop and will be around for years to come for thousands of other corvette fans to enjoy.

Guess there's a flip side to everything. ;)

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Jim85IROC said:
Or maybe it's one of those cars with no miles that still doesn't leak a drop and will be around for years to come for thousands of other corvette fans to enjoy.

If I could afford that car, I'd drive the heck out of it!!! Riding in an LT5 at WOT at 6000 RPM is amazing....vroooooom.....

·
Registered
12,667 Posts
Jim85IROC said:

no way,if its sits,gaskets rot,seals dry,start car,seal tears from no lube.my friends 99 30th t.a. has al kinds of leaking gaskets from sitting.especially the trany.if we dont rotate our equipment at work(power plant)within 30 days the gaskets dry up.just a fact.drive the car,its a frickin car. ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
CARS ARE MADE TO BE DRIVEN. CORVETTES ARE CARS. HENCE, CORVETTES ARE TO BE DRIVEN. HARD.
I wonder why people do that. If they buy a car just to sit in the garage, why not sell the engine and tranny to someone who needs them?:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I believe that's a waste of a ZR-1. Cars should be driven, not put up like big car models. I would love to see what would happen when you start it up and drive it around for a while. Every gasket will probably leak!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts