Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha,
I'll be shopping for a nice c4 next month,i have'nt owned one for 6 years now,in case i run across a ZR-1,was wondering if any owners have a fear of a cracked/destroyed blocks.Is there a company that produces copy cat blocks or such.I can mod,tune and have machine work done if needed..
Mahalo for any input..

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro.. can't wait..Our track closed a year ago,but the superfairy opens up in june,so now we can go to the maui track...:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Just my .02 here Todd is that if you were buying to just drive and enjoy as is buy a ZR-1 but if you are looking for something to mod up and beat the hell out of get an LT-1 or LT-4 car. The money involved to get into the ZR-1 game and then to mod and maintain one would be extensive. You could build a faster car with less concerns for hard to find parts with the same money going with a normal Corvette to start.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I agree with raidmagic, ZR1 blocks are hard enough to find here on the mainland I don't know what your chances ar of find one in Hawaii. Last I heard there were no more complete LT5s to be had. A good LT1 or LT4 would be my choice. Or, if money is no object, look for a good car that needs and engine and swap in a LS1.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah,thats a good point guy's,i will mod the hell out of it,i should probably get a 91 L98,because heads,cam,and a stealth ram will be on the list.I want to trim the hood around the stealth similar how EFI-1 did to his zo6 hood.
That will keep the initial buying cost down too.
I was thinking how an STS twin turbo ZR-1 would be though...pretty bad ass..

·
Registered
136 Posts
The ZR1 will cost more only related to engine work. Easy and inexpensive mods will give you 415 rwhp. Anything more will cost heavily and needs expert knowlegde and experience. A full big bore can cost more than the car.
Parts and full engines are readily available. Cranksfaft main bearings are the only problem, buts there is a supplier on the way.
I only like the wide body C4, so the decision for my ownership is simple.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I love the ZR-1. Fershen it up with an LPE 415 and it is still one of the all time best sportcars ever made IMO.

:cheers:

·
Registered
136 Posts
LPE gives you 2 year warranty EES will tell you to go **** yourself after your check clears.
Hey Mike,
How much longer till your EES427 stroker is done, it's going on 2 years. :WTF
Its not two years. I bought an extra engine in 1/06. Hes had my engine since 2/06. I bought a seperate engine so I wont have down time on my car and told him Im in no hurry. I told him to get all the details worked out before my engine is done. I also traded parts that needed extra time.
Hes behind schedule in general due to the hurricane and moving his shop. My engine is basically done. Shoud ship soon.
His customer service has been great.
Whats you experience with him for you opinions on him?

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
LPE gives you 2 year warranty EES will tell you to go **** yourself after your check clears.

Hey Mike,
How much longer till your EES427 stroker is done, it's going on 2 years. :WTF
Uh oh, sounds like I missed something somewhere.. I will have to get the scoop from Al on Friday.. LOL

·
Registered
104 Posts
Its not two years. I bought an extra engine in 1/06. Hes had my engine since 2/06. I bought a seperate engine so I wont have down time on my car and told him Im in no hurry. I told him to get all the details worked out before my engine is done. I also traded parts that needed extra time.
Hes behind schedule in general due to the hurricane and moving his shop. My engine is basically done. Shoud ship soon.
His customer service has been great.
Whats you experience with him for you opinions on him?
Mike you really don't want to know what i think.
I will say this real friends and business partners don't ruin a partnership/friendship for a couple hundred bucks.
I will also say, he is good at what he does and i'm not talking building LT5's
He could sell a **** load of ice to Alaska,i bet he has sold the Brooklin brigde a few times already and the guys that bought it talked about how they had great customer service.
Yeap,great customer service till all the checks clear.

Dude,he is a little child he goes and dogs me on his forum after i moved on and then he bans me so i can't defend myself.
Tell him to come on here and dog me,where he has no control.

I know where he gets all his LT5 stuff i promised and gave him my word not to reveal that info,this was before our fallout,ask him if i stayed true to my word, just to show you who is a straight guy.
Some of his info came out in the open from crackheads and i LMAO.
I believe in carma he will get his one day and i will be there again to LMAO.

Huricane was 3 years ago what a lame excuse tell him to come up with a new one,he is slipping.
By the way his house was sold before the huricane,feel sorry for the guy that bought it and a few weeks later was hit by the huricane and Mike was laughing all the way to the bank plus half the CF sent him more money after the huricane those were good days for Mike he was rolling in the dough and afterwards he backstabs/dogs half of them.

Later & Good Luck with your 427 project

P.S.
I have a question for you Mike K. how can you reccomend EES to anyone when he doesn't have a single running motor on the street yours will be the first,get yours running first then beat the hell out of it,run a few hot laps and if it's still togather after 50k-75k miles without any water seapage thru those copper gaskets and after your checks have cleared then you can recomment him to others,till then i would stick to LPE,Marc Hiabeck.
And after taking 1 1/2 years to build a short block WTF,it's a freaking short block.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Pete
I did research on all the LT5 engine builders long ago. I know all the strong and weak points, offering, cost ,etc of all.
It was either the proven 402 or the new unproven 427 for me. I opted for the 427. If I went 402, I would have my engine in and running long ago.
Mikes engine is the first 427. Mine is second, but I have some items that are better for durabilty purposes. I told him to put plenty of mileage and some track use before mine gets buttoned up and shipped out. He has and all is good so far. Like I said before, Im not in a hurry.
Im not iterested in high mileage issues. I need an engine to handle my track use. Well see what happens and I will report results.
Its a long block he is doing for me.
My previous post said I prefer the 427. No reccommendations quoted. Mainly to let others know there are other options aside from 415.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's been 8 months since the last post on this topic. Am curious how the 427 is working out. I don't know who EES is and would appreciate someone enlightening me. My Z is bone stock and I am seriously wanting to do something about it now. I'd be content with something to run in high 11's low 12's.. I am thinking of a 396+ . Will appreciate any suggestions.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
It's been 8 months since the last post on this topic. Am curious how the 427 is working out. I don't know who EES is and would appreciate someone enlightening me. My Z is bone stock and I am seriously wanting to do something about it now. I'd be content with something to run in high 11's low 12's.. I am thinking of a 396+ . Will appreciate any suggestions.
I honestly doubt the 427 from EES is even done..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Who and where or what is EES ? I would be a bit nervous having a ard to find LT5 long block sitting in someone's shop for 3 years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts