Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The site is strictly for ZR1's. It was started by a good friend of mine, Dave Bright. He has a '93 Anniversary Edition ZR1, Museum Delivery. He keeps it in an all seasons garage. The site is totally dedicated to the ZR1 and it's the best informational site I know of for ZR1's. Anyone that has a ZR1 will find everything that they're looking for there, with a great bunch of people.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
FatherLarry said:
The site is strictly for ZR1's. It was started by a good friend of mine, Dave Bright. He has a '93 Anniversary Edition ZR1, Museum Delivery. He keeps it in an all seasons garage. The site is totally dedicated to the ZR1 and it's the best informational site I know of for ZR1's. Anyone that has a ZR1 will find everything that they're looking for there, with a great bunch of people.:thumbsup:
I agree, wonderful site with TONS of ZR1 info.

I talked to Dave aka Mom, last week. He has sold his ZR1, 2 years ago and bought a Prowler. Also, the ZR1 was not NCM Delivered. We did not start the NCM Delivery until 1995 for the 1996 model year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You're right. I remember he put it up for sale, but I didnt' think he was going to go through with it. I thought he mentioned also, that he went down to the museum to pick up the Z. There was some kind of special program. Could be that I'm just having a senior citizen moment. Also, ZR1Mom moderates a section on my site for ZR1's. He's a great guy.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
looks like a good site i'll have to search around on it a little :) thanks for posting it fatherlarry

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ragvette said:
Looks like good info. Thanks for posting.:thumbsup:
Ragvette,

Did you buy your Z06 new? If so, did your car come with the lugnut key and cardboard instruction sheet with AMCOR serial number for the key? I don't know if it's supposed to come through with it or do you have to special order it? I looked in the trunk where I was told and I don't see it.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
FatherLarry said:
Ragvette,

Did you buy your Z06 new? If so, did your car come with the lugnut key and cardboard instruction sheet with AMCOR serial number for the key? I don't know if it's supposed to come through with it or do you have to special order it? I looked in the trunk where I was told and I don't see it.
FatherLarry, bought it new. I'm pretty certain that I got the lugnut key and the instruction sheet. Think they are right it was in the trunk in the deep well.

:cheers:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks Ragvette. I did a little research and talked to some of my friends on some other sites and I found that on the earlier model 2002 Z06 they came through with the key and locks with nylon threaded caps. Later models didn't have the wheel locks and came through with the stainless steel caps. To be honest I would rather have the plastic caps opposed to the stainless steel because the stainless steel starts to nick and scratch after a while and come loose and slide off. It's strange now, if you want to order a new set of lugnuts from GM, the computer only comes up with the stainless steel caps. The computer doesn't state earlier or later models, even though I gave them my vin #. I couldn't find it in my car and also found that there were no locks on any of the wheels, so I ordered a complete set from AMCOR. Thanks again. I really appreciate your feedback. This is what is so great about all forums getting together. We can all help each other out. I hope I can return the favor to you through my site one day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts