Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have you done to add horsepower and how have you gotten it to the ground?? I was thinking about the pulley/snout swap and headers but I can't even get it to hookup with stock power. Has anyone changed tires yet? Is there such a thing as a "Good" 20" drag radial. This weekend I am going to see if any of my 18x13 or 19x12 rims from the other car fit, but I am looking at the brakes and thinking No freakin way:laughing: Anyhow let me know if anybody has got their ZR1 to "hookup" and how you did it. :cheers:

Also what mods and how much rwhp if you don't mind:thumbsup::cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
You have 638 HP already. And, remember... if you change the tune you will void your powertrain warranty and it's out of pocket from here.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Don't add power until you add traction. You'll just see your investment going up in smoke with every launch.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I don't condone leaving a Corvette stock, but in this case I think you should. You already have a badass TT C6 to beat on, so beat the crap out of the ZR1 [stock] while its under warranty, and then once its up mod it.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
A guy here local did headers, ported throttle body and a tune. That was good for 630 at the wheels.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I most likely will do nothing to the car for the main reason that it has no traction from the factory. I heard of several people getting 640 to the tires with minimal mods but I don't know how you get it to the ground. This car has "ZERO" traction. I believe it is "overpowered" for what it is...did I just say it had too much power:WTF:laughing: It is a beautiful rainy day and I might just take it for a ride...thats the best part about all stock...I can drive it anyday and anytime:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have 638 HP already. And, remember... if you change the tune you will void your powertrain warranty and it's out of pocket from here.
yeah...thats the other reason. There aint nothin left but lint in my pockets after this:laughing:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I most likely will do nothing to the car for the main reason that it has no traction from the factory. I heard of several people getting 640 to the tires with minimal mods but I don't know how you get it to the ground. This car has "ZERO" traction. I believe it is "overpowered" for what it is...did I just say it had too much power:WTF:laughing: It is a beautiful rainy day and I might just take it for a ride...thats the best part about all stock...I can drive it anyday and anytime:thumbsup:
DTE differential & Tranny Brace ?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A guy here local did headers, ported throttle body and a tune. That was good for 630 at the wheels.
There are a few out there pushing 650 at the tires but I don't think they can get it to the ground. I was at the track on Friday night and didn't run it because I figured I would just be beating the **** out of the car and running bad times. also friday nights have no track prep and everybody can basically race anything that runs...lots of leaks and breakdowns usually. I almost wrecked my yellow car one night hitting antifreez and picked up a bolt in my tire at the starting line another night:WTF

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
:partyon::partyon::partyon: and two more :partyon::partyon:

Seen a few ZR1's now, what a great car. It shows that hard work has it's rewards. Good job and keep it over a hundred.:devil:

Jr.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Patrick:

Beautiful car and house in the avitar!

I remember when people used to say:

"You have a 427 with 435 HP already...why would you want more?"

You know already that "enough is never enough for this crowd".

It's like having enough money, power, homes, cars, etc.

People want things if it's possible to have things, and many people might call that motivation!

Of course, we should all be happy with a nice house, a decent car to get us where we're going, a pretty wife to take care of us and a few bucks for a decent dinner on Saturday nights.

I imagine that the guy that mods his car, doesn't think he will ever need the warranty, or, he has many past presidents as friends in his wallet.

I'm not sure there's a right or wrong here but giving mods a bit of thought as you have suggested above is a good thing.

I have never really moded a car to void a warranty just for the reasons you mention but I am now going to throw caution to the wind as I pick up my '11 ZR1 that comes off line Tuesday and am going to drive straight to either Lingenfelter or Katech.
I'm entertaining offers of engine packages from each.

I don't recommend this for the faint of heart or those with good common sense ,but it's something I've always wanted to do, and understand the consequences if I need a warranty I don't have.

I've waited 58 years, and now will proceed to go crazy making reliable horsepower. Which tuner do you recommend?:cheers:

·
Registered
521 Posts
well get after it! I can't wait to see what you build! For now i will enjoy my c6 z06 and stock for a bit! But a cam is gonna happen for sure!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Patrick:

Beautiful car and house in the avitar!

I remember when people used to say:

"You have a 427 with 435 HP already...why would you want more?"

You know already that "enough is never enough for this crowd".

It's like having enough money, power, homes, cars, etc.

People want things if it's possible to have things, and many people might call that motivation!

Of course, we should all be happy with a nice house, a decent car to get us where we're going, a pretty wife to take care of us and a few bucks for a decent dinner on Saturday nights.

I imagine that the guy that mods his car, doesn't think he will ever need the warranty, or, he has many past presidents as friends in his wallet.

I'm not sure there's a right or wrong here but giving mods a bit of thought as you have suggested above is a good thing.

I have never really moded a car to void a warranty just for the reasons you mention but I am now going to throw caution to the wind as I pick up my '11 ZR1 that comes off line Tuesday and am going to drive straight to either Lingenfelter or Katech.
I'm entertaining offers of engine packages from each.

I don't recommend this for the faint of heart or those with good common sense ,but it's something I've always wanted to do, and understand the consequences if I need a warranty I don't have.

I've waited 58 years, and now will proceed to go crazy making reliable horsepower. Which tuner do you recommend?:cheers:
Good luck with the mods:thumbsup: Can't wait to see what you do and how much power it makes:thumbsup::thumbsup::cheers:
I personally would look for a local area tuner. The lingenfelter parts are very easily bolted on. The secret will be proper tuning and someone you can count on to stand behind their work.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
What have you done to add horsepower and how have you gotten it to the ground?? I was thinking about the pulley/snout swap and headers but I can't even get it to hookup with stock power. Has anyone changed tires yet? Is there such a thing as a "Good" 20" drag radial. This weekend I am going to see if any of my 18x13 or 19x12 rims from the other car fit, but I am looking at the brakes and thinking No freakin way:laughing: Anyhow let me know if anybody has got their ZR1 to "hookup" and how you did it. :cheers:

Also what mods and how much rwhp if you don't mind:thumbsup::cheers:

NITTO 20" drag radials

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/mmfp_081218_nitto_20_inch_drag_radial_test/index.html

While I was at Lingenfelter yesterday there was a guy who told me about them. I can't speak from personal experience.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts