Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Zr1 have a removable top?

Is the motor TPI

In Everyones opion is it better to get regular c4 and modifiy it of get the zr1 and reliablilty and repair is the cost much more or differnt

will it be easyer to mod the newer c4 such as 1991-1994

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Does the Zr1 have a removable top?

Is the motor TPI

In Everyones opion is it better to get regular c4 and modifiy it of get the zr1 and reliablilty and repair is the cost much more or differnt

will it be easyer to mod the newer c4 such as 1991-1994
Yes the ZR-1 has a removable top, ALL C4 coupes ZR-1 or regular have removable tops..

Does it have TPI, Sort of, the TPI theory is in the LT5 motor, but it is NOT the same hardware. the LT5 has 16 runners, 16 Injectors, and 4 Valves per cylinder, along with 4 cams.

For modding you can mod the LT5 for more power then the 375 of the early or 405 of the later models. but parts for modding tend to run more $$$.

What are you looking for in a car? I did a bunch of mods to my 89 vette and I am currently getting ready to sell it.. Why? because I bougth a ZR-1. I have wanted a ZR-1 since 1990..

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looking for something that will hang with the c5 Z's but to spend as little as possible

·
Registered
441 Posts
looking for something that will hang with the c5 Z's but to spend as little as possible
If these are your most important goals, and you aren't one of the guys that just "NEEDS" to have a ZR1 for one reason or another....then picking up a nice late model year C4 and performing some "tried and true" and cost effective mods, will be "By Far" your best bet, and the cheapest route as well, "especially" if you plan on performing the work yourself..........an LT1/LT4 C4 Vette, with one of the "Best" available Heads & Custom cam packages with all the norrmal supporting mods, will usually go right into the mid to high 11's in the quarter(with traction).........www.eportworks.com check out the LT1- LE-2 package(this is perfectly streetable and will get you even more than your listed goals)......or www.advancedinduction.com is great as well......OR if going into the engine is to be avoided (if you prefer)......a nice Procharger set-up for the C4 corvette will also get you where your wanting to be...........or if even spending less cash is desired.....for about $1000 bucks total.....a very high quality "reliable" Nitrous kit can be put together with ALL the safety bells and whistles........There's many ways to get what your wanting(performance wise)....It really all just depends on which way ya want to go, and just how little ya really want to spend.......................Joe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the car is for my brother and he is looking to spend 15,000 and no more than 20,000 he wants a black c4 with nice aftermarket rims and a car that can hang with or beat my car witch is a 2003 z06

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very nice car but don't think he can afford that one

·
Registered
914 Posts
How about one that even looks like a C5, has already ran 8.88 in the 1/8 and can be bought for $8000?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no he like the was the c4's look other wise he would just buy a c5 but it does look pretty good

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I don't know what the best way is to get a C4 to hang with a C5Z. A ZR1 will do the job I bet, but it's not cheap to buy one, nor is it cheap to maintain it, nor is it to mod it if you, eventually, wants to go faster. I'd pick one of Joe's options that suits me best and enjoy:D

Btw, this sounds like a good situation to mod your car as well:devil:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i agree

1 - 12 of 12 Posts