Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1281 - 1291 of 1291 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,281
Well guys I decided to sell one of my cars and the
Porsche Turbo S seems to be the choice. I just can't bear to part with my ZR1 yet. Although the Turbo S is the quicker car off the line and possibly even to 100, and has better fit and finish, the ZR1 is such a beast and fun to drive I just can't sell it yet.

The Porsche is selling sight unseen to a guy in NJ who has already had a Turbo S?

That says something but I'm not sure what?

My ZR1 has 2100 miles and turned two recently. This is very unlike me to keep cars this long but I've been happy with what I have!

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Glad you're still happy with your C6. The new C7 has one of the ugliest rear ends GM has ever produced. Stick with the state of the art performance and classic looks. :thumbsup:

Hope all is well with all of you guys.

·
Registered
23 Posts
congrats on the sale of your turbo.. hope all is well.

if i could only have one car it would probably be my ZR1. don't think that i could part with it. especially if they only made 4500 - 5000 in 5 years, doubtful that they will make them again..

so much FUN to drive!!!

Well guys I decided to sell one of my cars and the
Porsche Turbo S seems to be the choice. I just can't bear to part with my ZR1 yet. Although the Turbo S is the quicker car off the line and possibly even to 100, and has better fit and finish, the ZR1 is such a beast and fun to drive I just can't sell it yet.

The Porsche is selling sight unseen to a guy in NJ who has already had a Turbo S?

That says something but I'm not sure what?

My ZR1 has 2100 miles and turned two recently. This is very unlike me to keep cars this long but I've been happy with what I have!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,284
The new C7 has one of the ugliest rear ends GM has ever produced.
I am starting to understnd that rear end a little more as I repeatedly look at it. I still believe that Corvette should be all new and innovative rather than following anything resembling the Camaro, but if you study the shape of the car which otherwise is new and up to date, the rear end looks "GM New"?

I do understand the criticism. At first I hated the idea, but it does go with the flow. I feel GM was trying to knock off a few too many other design concepts from other hip cars like the Aventador, GTR, Aston and Camaro but I will say I believe this new C7 will sell well. Let's see what comes down the line with high performance versions. I read there is a 700HP version coming so my car is still in no danger of being beat, but I may weaken in time as I always do.

I look forward to meeting my first C7 on the road!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Unless that C7 has Hennessy HP....... :laughing:

I read where Linginfelter says the C7 can't be upped in HP, then JH says 1000HP...... wonder who is correct?

Getting pretty hungry!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,286

I read where Linginfelter says the C7 can't be upped in HP, then JH says 1000HP...... wonder who is correct?

Getting pretty hungry!

I don't believe for a minute that there will ever be an engine produced by an OEM that can't have the power fairly easily increased. Just helping out that restrictive air intake and exhaust that is mandated by CA and others will always make some improvement.

My car is a sleeper with no visible signs of alteration, and that suits me just fine. Having 658 to the rear wheels is sweet and reliable. If a 1000HP Hennessy Corvette smokes me I will be greatful to just get a peek under the hood! Or maybe a good look at his tires shreeding as he passes me?

I'll be in town in the middle of March and ready for some Sabatino's sausage so I hope you guys can make it (possibly Friday the 15th) for lunch?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just got mine delivered last week from Ohio. How do like that lingenfelter upgrade?:cheers:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,288
Just got mine delivered last week from Ohio. How do like that lingenfelter upgrade?:cheers:
Perfect! The car is transformed into a real sleeper. My car sounds stock at idle but once over about 3500 rpm becomes the real beast! LOL

Lingenfelter does quality work and they stand behind it! From inside the car when you stand on the go pedal you'd better be ready for what you get!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,290

Getting pretty hungry!
Tom

Is there such a thing as a car that can't be made better? or faster. NASA put a man on the moon.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,291
Where's Tom's C7 Pics?

I see no pictures of Tom's new C7. He must be posting with the big guns that have C7's?

Been so busy lately that I haven't had the ZR1 out of the garage in months. Time to take off the cover and find a new C7 to race. I certainly want to be fair and impartial? (lol) My neighbor has one he bought for his 16 yr. old son? Plenty of beauties all around S. Florida. The car certainly has grown on me. I like it and think that seeing it in person is a must. The rear end I didn't like at first is looking better all the time.

The Z06 coming soon is even better. I'm playing the waiting game for something as fast as the one I have…OR…until I see some easy Lingenfelter mods to really do the job?

Hope everyones happy and well!:cheers:

1281 - 1291 of 1291 Posts