Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

121 - 140 of 1291 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
15th/16th is a Sunday/Monday??????? Works for me, but not sure you looked at the right month.
Yup. Duh! Too tired right now. 11th & 12th should be good for me, 19th or 20th better.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I love the ZR1. Congrats to you guys that have them:thumbsup: I am debating on getting one. Haven't seen one in yellow yet(at least not in person) I think If I actually come across a yellow one in person I will be writing a check.
Enjoy yours. I hope to be talking about mine soon:cheers:
WARNING: Viewer discretion is advised. The following contains scenes that some viewers may find disturbing.

Here's a yellow one that's as real as it is chopped...

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
WARNING: Viewer discretion is advised. The following contains scenes that some viewers may find disturbing.

Here's a yellow one that's as real as it is chopped...

I think the car is very nicely done. I'd like a close look but it sure is eye catching to me! I can imagine it looking good in every color too! Do we know who did the conversion and how well made it is? Until we know it can last on the street without breaking the windshield or something on the driveline the price isn't an issue.

Also, you guys need to all agree on a date for lunch. I'm probably available with just a little notice on your pick of days. Katella Deli in Los Alamitos is a great place and I think we should try it first!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Look's like most of the responders on this thread are in CA.

Add one from Nashville TN area. :D

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Look's like most of the responders on this thread are in CA.

Add one from Nashville TN area. :D
Great to have someone from Nashville..great historic city!

Everyone is always welcome in the "Town Hall" thread!

The Calif. guys meet for lunch every month or two, otherwise we look for everyone on the forum to contribute with posts.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Hey guys..... let's get that lunch scheduled...how about the 12th at 12:30 at ??????
Not sure yet? Let's see if the two "V's" can make it?

Katella deli in Los Alamitos? or Lucille's in Irvine? or Nello's at South Coast?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey did any of you ZR1 owners take chevy up on the free driver's course at Spring Mountain?:cheers:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Hey did any of you ZR1 owners take chevy up on the free driver's course at Spring Mountain?:cheers:
YES!!

Both the Yellow ZR1 (Tom) and I (Cyber Grey) took the course given to us by GM (spring mountain) when we bought our cars. I had Ron Fellows in my assigned car showing me the ropes. It was quite an experience and I highly recommend Spring Mountain. All the instructors were highly skilled and ready to help.

·
Registered
338 Posts
YES!!

Both the Yellow ZR1 (Tom) and I (Cyber Grey) took the course given to us by GM (spring mountain) when we bought our cars. I had Ron Fellows in my assigned car showing me the ropes. It was quite an experience and I highly recommend Spring Mountain. All the instructors were highly skilled and ready to help.
:thumbsup: Very cool man! Did Ron give you some heel toe technique tips for shifting?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
:thumbsup: Very cool man! Did Ron give you some heel toe technique tips for shifting?
Spent a large part of day one just on heel toe. The drills were extreme on wet surfaces and around turns between cones with traction control turned off. We used Z06's for those drills. On the track we used ZR1's

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey guys greetings from up in Washington state. Snow in the forecast so it appears it is almost time to put the Z to rest for a few months. I am envious of those that can enjoy their Vettes all year long.

I am planning on taking the Spring Mountain training in Feb.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Hey guys greetings from up in Washington state. Snow in the forecast so it appears it is almost time to put the Z to rest for a few months. I am envious of those that can enjoy their Vettes all year long.

I am planning on taking the Spring Mountain training in Feb.
Hey, great to hear from Washington state! Your gonna have a great time at Spring Mountain! Enjoy

Your always welcome to come south and meet with us down here!

Hope you have a good trickle charger!:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Spent a large part of day one just on heel toe. The drills were extreme on wet surfaces and around turns between cones with traction control turned off. We used Z06's for those drills. On the track we used ZR1's
I'm enrolled in the end of Nov class at springmountain..... we only get to drive the zr1s on the 3rd track day? Did anyone bring their own helmet and suit? Thanks. Scott

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm enrolled in the end of Nov class at springmountain..... we only get to drive the zr1s on the 3rd track day? Did anyone bring their own helmet and suit? Thanks. Scott
They want to ease you into the ZR1 with Z06's
That ZR1 is a beast man!:thumbsup:

121 - 140 of 1291 Posts