Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of putting the ZR1 five stars on my '94 and I've got a few questions. First, are they staggared? If so, what size tire is the larges that can go on the rear (it seems I keep seeing people talk about a 315). Second, I've seen the same type wheels on Camaro's of the era...are they infact the same? Suggestions guys?

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
You can get them in all 9.5" wide and run the same size tires all around 285's max or you can get 11" rears and run the 315's. Yes the Camaros run the same wheel as your car.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get them in all 9.5" wide and run the same size tires all around 285's max or you can get 11" rears and run the 315's. Yes the Camaros run the same wheel as your car.
But are the Camaro version (I think they came on the SS) of the ZR1 wheels the same? Did the true ZR1's get the 11" rears and the Camaros get the 9.5" matching set?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
ZR1 five stars, are they staggared?
I've seen the same type wheels on Camaro's of the era...are they infact the same?
Only the ZR1's got the genuine ZR1 wheels ; they are 11" and 9" ;
the wheel offsets are different Fr / Rr ( 56 / 38mm )

The '96 cars got a SIMILAR wheel ;all have the same late model offset ( 56mm )
8.5"/9.5" on CE cars and GS verts ,
9.5" all round on Z51 cars
11" / 9" on GS Coupes

There are many aftermarket versions of the ZR1 5 spokes including some (AFS ) with correct early model 38mm offset to be a direct bolt on 84 - 87 cars without adapters

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
But are the Camaro version (I think they came on the SS) of the ZR1 wheels the same?
New 5-spoke 16" wheels became standard on the Z28 this year (17" ZR1 style on SS coupe models) available in either polished, chrome, or white replacing the previous 10-spoke "salad-shooter" design.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts