Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a nice shot of the ZR1 in the standing mile. That speedo sure is moving :D

Start the video at 11:53

BLK 1 :buhbye:

·
Registered
677 Posts
I know you said to start the video at 11:53 but I just had to watch the whole thing.:D Nice find.:cheers:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I never will understand all the complaints about corvette seats, they are amazingly compfy to me, better than the porsche seats I have sat in. And I won't say anything about the breaking down, it could happen to anything.

That ZR1 accelerated better from 100-160 than my truck or corvette from 0-60. insane. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
That was a terrific comparison, and I'm really bummed the Porsche broke - would have like to see it's top standing mile speed. Thanks for post it. :buhbye:

BTW, I love that commercial - never get tired of it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I never will understand all the complaints about corvette seats, they are amazingly compfy to me, better than the porsche seats I have sat in.

I have a '11 ZR1 and a new '11 Turbo "S". The Corvette seats are plenty plush and comfy as you say, but are slippery, with little lateral support. The Porsche seats are far more supportive. They lock you in position without any slide around turns or during hard braking. Support is the issue all pro drivers talk about.

I can easily overlook that minor flaw but I am biased, I love my ZR1.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I know you said to start the video at 11:53 but I just had to watch the whole thing.:D Nice find.:cheers:
I did the same, but I replayed the ZR1 standing mile a few times.

I wonder why the speedo read 195 and they said the ZR1 only ran 177?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I wonder why the speedo read 195 and they said the ZR1 only ran 177?[/QUOTE]

i think that was the mph for the time it took to cover 1 mile. think of it like a lap in nascar i.e. a 27 second lap equals a 165 mph

·
Registered
383 Posts
This is for the 2 people that have not seen it....:laughing:

[/url]
Thanks for posting that. Now it's left for the one remaining person to view it........

Honestly, didn't see that before. Good stuff!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts