Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putting my ZZ4/TKO 600 combo together and ran into a snag with different sets of directions- many place I have read to add a drop of blue locktite to the flywheel bolts and torque them down. But on the ARP flywheel bolts I am using, it states to coat the threads with assembly lube before torquing them down. seems like a complete contradiction? Any advice?

Also, anyone ever reuse their old pressure plate bolts? the shoulder on my originals seem a bit to long- as if they will bottom out before the plate is snug.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The ARP recomendation to put lube on the threads is to get a more exact torque reading.
Myself I used loktite I like to be able to sleep at night .
I used my old pressure plate bolts when I first installed the ZZ4 but I used all Center force parts.
Did you get a externally balanced flywheel?
So what rear end gear are you going to use with this combo?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'm using an 86-92 168 tooth, externally balanced flywheel, Jegs p/n 555-601256. I'm going to just go ahead and follow the ARP instructions. i searched the internet and found a mix of answers.
I rebuilt the rear with 3.73's, part of the reason why I decided to go with the TKO with the .64 overdrive. SO now i have a freshly rebuilt muncie if anyone is interested! (I had fun with the rebuild so it wasnt a complete waste of my time!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
What kind of Muncie? M20 or M21? I'm just curious. I'll let some of my buddies know.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Your really going to enjoy the ZZ4 with that trans and rear gears

1 - 5 of 5 Posts